Plastic Bag Bans
Plastic Bag Bans are unnecessary. Plastic bags are multi-use, recyclable, hygienic, convenient and more environmentally friendly than alternatives. 93% of plastic bags are reused and recycled.
Plastic bags are not single-use bags, but multi-purpose and multi-use. In fact, when it is reused or recyled, the plastic bag is a sustainable solution.
- The plastic bag ban issue is polarizing and controversial across North America.
- Bans are not the answer as plastic bags are multi use, recyclable, environmentally friendly and convenient.
- Bans continues to threaten thousands of jobs in our industry.
- They are not going away any time soon.
Quebec Proposed Plastic Bag Bans 2015/2016:
- Get the real facts about plastic bags:
- Apr. 9, 2016 - The plastics industry offers new bags & oppose the ban by mayor Coderre, Le Journal de Montreal More >
- Feb. 11, 2016 - Proposed Brossard bag ban decried by Canadian Plastic Bag Association
- Feb. 4, 2016 - Ban of plastic bags: Brossard's decision based on fiction not facts - The city will face an increase of 700% bag waste and greenhouse gas emissions More >
- Feb. 4, 2016 - Banning plastic bags in Brossard: a choice that is based on outdated data - Quebecers already among the best product stewards in the world because of their commitment to the 3 R's More >
- For updates or to find out how you can get involved, please contact us.
California plastic bag ban 2014:
- Is Litter Control in the Bag?
- California lawmakers pass nation's first plastic bag ban
- California lawmakers give final approval to plastic bag ban