About Using These Images
- These resources are all free of charge, we only ask that you register once to access them.
- Included are many photos of individual plastic bottles, containers and soft plastics as plus a selection of plastics recycling ads that you can use in your advertising and promotional materials.
- Download as many images as you like, anytime you want. Use them on your website and in print materials alone or grouped together. See Best Practices for Creating Effective P&E for guidelines.
- Please don't share the images directly with your colleagues and/or your graphics/advertising firms. Instead, we ask that you send them to this website so they can download the files themselves. This will help us identify the most preferred images so we can improve our website over time.
- When you choose a category button the first time, you’ll be asked to register.
- Once you do, you can enter as often as you like with just your email. (If you delete your browsing history, you’ll have to register again.)
- Download the images you need, in the format you want –.jpg, .eps or .tif., then use the images to create P&E materials in MS Word or design software (e.g., In Design, Illustrator).
- We hope you will credit the Canadian Plastics Industry Association (e.g., Photos courtesty of the Canadian Plastics Industry Association).
- The images on this site are not to be downloaded for sale to other parties.
About the images
- The images are arranged in categories of packaging types that are commonly accepted in recycling programs across Canada.
- By accepting all plastic bottles and containers in your recycling program, it’s easier for residents to make the correct recycling decision without having to take the extra step of searching for the SPI Resin Codes #1 to #7. We recognize that adding resin codes to your P&E materials may be another way to help your residents identify the plastic bottles and containers they can set out for recycling.
3 simple guidelines
Questions or comments?
- Use the images wherever and however you like, to promote plastics recycling in your community (See Best Practices for Creating Effective P&E)
- Please do not distort or substantially alter the images or the ads
- Share the link to this site but not the individual images; that will help us identify the images users like best and to improve the site over time.